multiple time sigs

From: address@hidden
Subject: multiple time sigs
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 08:07:58 +0000 (GMT)

I'm setting a piece in which the staves do not always have the same time
signature.  In the manual I found the \layout block below which almost solves
my problem.  In my example here, when the outer staves have synchronous bar
lines they cut through the middle staff.  This occurs when outer staves are in
sync but not inner ones.  How can I prevent that while still getting the common
bar line when all staves are in sync as in the last measure in my example?

-David

%%%%%
\version "2.18.0"

one = \relative c' {