Re: multiple time sigs

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: multiple time sigs
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 10:27:08 +0200

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm setting a piece in which the staves do not always have the same
> time signature.  In the manual I found the \layout block below which
> almost solves my problem.  In my example here, when the outer staves
> have synchronous bar lines they cut through the middle staff.  This
> occurs when outer staves are in sync but not inner ones.  How can I
> prevent that while still getting the common bar line when all staves
> are in sync as in the last measure in my example?

The logic of the Span_bar_engraver does not appear catered to
independently running meters.  Basically, I would rather forego span
bars completely like ChoirStaff does.

But you can get by, in this particular case, with some manual
interaction:

\version "2.18.0"

one = \relative c' {
  \temporary\override StaffGroup.SpanBar.break-visibility = #all-invisible
  \time 3/4
  c2. c c c
  \revert StaffGroup.SpanBar.break-visibility
  \time 6/4
  c1.
}

two = \relative c' {