Re: Double key signature

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Double key signature
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 09:50:09 -0700 (PDT)

Mats Bengtsson-4 wrote
> Interesting! I have started typesetting some of Westhoff's solo violin
> suites, which originally were typeset using a similar 8 line staff, see
> http://imslp.org/wiki/Suites_for_Solo_Violin_%28Westhoff,_Johann_Paul_von%29
> As an additional feature, Westhoff used unequal spacing between the staff
> lines, with additional spacing below the 3rd and 5th staff line.
> I have contemplated on the possibilities to achieve this with LilyPond,
> but
> concluded that it seems very challenging, since not only the staff lines
> but
> also all pitch positions have to be adjusted.

Hi Mats,  Adjusting the pitch positions in LilyPond is actually not as
difficult as it may seem.  Here's a snippet that shows re-mapping the staff
to a chromatic scale:
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=694

But you can set the staffLineLayoutFunction to any scheme procedure, which
makes it possible to get any positioning you might want.

How are the notes positioned on Westhoff's staff with unequally spaced staff
lines?  I couldn't tell from a quick glance.

-Paul