Re: Repeat volta not at beginning of piece doesn't get initial repeat ba

From: Patrick or Cynthia Karl
Subject: Re: Repeat volta not at beginning of piece doesn't get initial repeat bar line
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 08:39:58 -0500

> Message: 6
> Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 20:20:16 +0200
> From: Marc Hohl <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: Repeat volta not at beginning of piece doesn't get
>       initial repeat  bar line
> [...]
>> Sorry, that doesn't work for me, result is the same.  I assume you're saying
>> to replace the \bar "||" with \bar ".|:-||".
>
> Typo?

No, I cut and pasted.

It turns out that in my zeal to come up with a minimal example, I omitted
"\score { \new Staff { \music }}.  My example compiled, but didn't generate the
initial repeat bar line.  Putting it in makes it work.  Thanks for the info.

Do you know why omitting the \score info causes the initial repeat to also be
omitted?