Re: solfege display for tie & slur

From: MING TSANG
Subject: Re: solfege display for tie & slur
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 18:39:09 -0700

Hi, Colin:

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 19:15:15 -0600
From: Colin Campbell <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

On 14-06-30 06:53 PM, MING TSANG wrote:
> Lily ponders:
> With the help from the list I have the .ly file that I use quite
> often. Many thanks lily ponders.
> Is it possible to modify the code do not display the tied note?
> example in the attached .ly file:
> i.e. (1) do not display second ? & third ? because it is the tied notes
> (2) do not display the second ? because it is the tied note.
> (3) ? is displayed - want to retain this because it is a slur.
> Thank you for any help.
> Emmanuel,
> Ming

You can remove the second so and the second fa by using dotted half
notes; the tie across the bar line must stay to preserve the number of
beats per measure.

soprano = { a'4 g'2.~ | 4  f'2. | c'2( d'2) }

Cheers,
Colin

--
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands.
You need to be able to throw something back.

<><><><>
Thank you for the suggestion. But I want to preserve what is code in the staff. I do not want  to display second ⓢ and third ⓢ  above the staff (the same way midi track just extend the beats without playing it). The same for second  ⓕ.  I want to retain the ⓡ because it is a slur (just as midi will play it).

Emmanuel,
Ming