Re: where to put \partcombine for it to work

From: MING TSANG
Subject: Re: where to put \partcombine for it to work
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 02:52:54 -0700

Hi, Jan-Peter:
<><><>
Message: 3
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 07:52:13 +0200
From: Jan-Peter Voigt <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

Hi Ming,

partcombine takes two parameters of music. The difference is, that you
wrap your music in Voice contexts. These Voice context are also created
from within the voices partcombine creates, so the partcombinig effect
is overridden. To have partcombine work and also have lyrics aligned to
one of the voices, you can use a NullVoice context:

<<
    \partcombine << \global \sopMusic >> << \global \altoMusic >>
    \new NullVoice = "soprano" { \voiceOne \sopMusic }

This is documented in the docs:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/internals/nullvoice

HTH
Best, Jan-Peter

Am 02.07.2014 04:06, schrieb MING TSANG:
> Hi lily ponders:
>
> I try to do as LSR sample, but have a hard time to place \partcombine in
> \score to make it works.
> What is the difference between LSR \score and my \score?
>
> Any help is appreciated.
> Emmanuel,
> Ming.

<><><><>

Thank you for the info pointing me to the right place documentation about NullVoice & partcombine.
I apply your sample code to my .ly file and it works.
Emmanuel,
Ming.