Re: parallelMusic and repeat

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: parallelMusic and repeat
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 19:15:38 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Federico Bruni <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Alexander Kobel wrote:

>>> Everything inside the \repeat braces is considered as a single music
>>> expression, so I'm not surprised if \parallelMusic does not even try to
>>> subdivide it.
>>>

>> ok, now I see, thanks.
>
> I think it should be reasonably easy to let \parallelMusic not just
> destructure a toplevel SequentialMusic at bar breaks, but recursively
> treat a number of structures and fold them into voices.  I'll try to
> figure out something tomorrow.

Well, it was not exactly tomorrow.

Current branch: issue3984
Tracker issue: 3984 (http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3984)
Rietveld issue: 111800043 (http://codereview.appspot.com/111800043)
Issue description:
  Let \parallelMusic cope with \repeat .. \alternative
  \parallelMusic's recursive decent only worked for comparatively
  simple cases.  It now should be able to deal with complex constructs
  gracefully.

--
David Kastrup