Re: Question for all LilyPond users (especially power users)

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Question for all LilyPond users (especially power users)
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 13:40:22 -0700 (PDT)

Jim Long wrote
> LilyJAZZ might be more useful if it included lowercase
> characters.  While an all-caps font might be okay for tempo
> markings, and other text annotations, it isn't really suitable
> for chordnames.
>
> Does anyone know what font is used for the chordnames in Pat
> Metheny's anthology songbook, published by Hal Leonard?
>
> Here is a sample image linked from a seller's website:
>
> http://d29ci68ykuu27r.cloudfront.net/product/Look-Inside/large/2958319_03.jpg
>
> http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/Pat-Metheny-Songbook-sheet-music/2958319
>
> I'd appreciate having a font like the one used for the Chordnames
> in that edition.
>
> Jim

Jim,

Good question. Recently, a user (I forget the name...) made some updates to
the LilyJAZZ ensemble by introducing a font specifically designed for
chords, which includes both lower and uppercase letters and shortcuts to the
sharp, flat, etc. symbols. I've added more characters to it as well just to
make it more useable and its nicely integrated into my jazz files. I've
attached some jazz example files. When the chord is a recognized one, then
it should get formatted quite nicely with the lilyjazzchord font, otherwise
it will revert back to the LilyJAZZ font, but the chord list is pretty big.

Regards,
Abraham

AllOfMe.pdf <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n164196/AllOfMe.pdf>
BossaNova.pdf