Re: Chord Symbols with inversions

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Chord Symbols with inversions
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 16:23:46 +0100

Thank you for this. With that I have now got as far as the attached
sample in trying to typeset a jazz chord sheet (the chords are just
nonsense but most of the needed elements are there now).
Attached is the sort of sheet I'm trying to use LilyPond to improve on.
I think I have most of the elements now, though the time signature
stubbornly refuses to become numeric with
I'm trying to override TimeSignature style in ChordNames thus:

<<  \new ChordNames \with {

  \override BarLine.bar-extent = #'(-2 . 2)
  \consists "Bar_engraver"

  \consists "Time_signature_engraver"
  \override ChordNames.TimeSignature  #'style = #'numeric
}
  {... the actual chords }

but this doesn't work. In fact if I put a \time 4/4 at the start of the
music it brings back staff lines, clef etc.
I'm a bit lost here... is this sort of chord sheet known to LilyPond?
I understand there is a commercial program (iRealPro) which does this
sort of thing - people then play from their iPhones...

Anyway, any hints on what I might need to develop this would be most
welcome.

Richard