Music font switching question

From: tisimst
Subject: Music font switching question
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 15:16:39 -0700 (PDT)

I just thought I'd ask the question...

If more music fonts were available, would we, the LilyPond community (I
realize this doesn't reach everyone using LP), be willing to sacrifice a
_very tiny_ amount of extra typing to support the ability to switch music
fonts more easily?

Let me explain. When one wants to change the text fonts _globally_, there is
the very useful Scheme function "make-pango-font-tree", which looks
something like this when used:

\paper {
  #(define fonts
    (make-pango-font-tree
    "FreeSerif"  ; the serif font
    "FreeSans"  ; the sans-serif font
    "Inconsolata"  ; the mono-space font
    (/ staff-height pt 20)))
}

You simply put this block into you .ly file and now you get those fonts
instead of the defaults. /What if/, using a similar syntax we could change
the music and brace fonts like this (additions highlighted):

\paper {
  #(define fonts
    (make-pango-font-tree
    /*"gonville"  ; the music notation font