Re: Proportional-Notation Durations

From: PMA
Subject: Re: Proportional-Notation Durations
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 20:05:02 -0400

Thomas Morley wrote:
Hi List.

I'm looking for a LilyPond way to specify note duration
in a Proportional Notation context using exactly _one_
stemless notehead type.

Perhaps the first option is a mid-level horizontal line
extending distance-X from the notehead.  (The space
following would indicate silence.)

But I want ask: has anyone done this instead with the
_hairpin_ -- attached to a note-head via pitch params,
tapered to a param-specified length, and filled?

If not, or in any case, any other ideas?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Pete

Hi Pete,

do you mean something like:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-12/msg00145.html
?

Somewhere on my computer I've an updated version, if the link shows
what you're looking for.

Cheers,
   Harm

Hi Yerself, Harm!

I will give this a shot.  (Better update to 2.18
first - I've been still treading water in 2.12.3).

Thanks!
Pete