Re: Optical spacing -- no more?

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Optical spacing -- no more?
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 16:07:13 -0006

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 8:00 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Abraham Lee <address@hidden> writes:
Equally spaced stems do look nice with groupings that change staff constantly, however. I remember that SCORE had a feature that enabled this. I've often thought that LilyPond should have this option, but haven't studied the problem enough to know how it could be implemented. --David
That's fair. I can imagine what that looks like, but do you happen to have an example score that shows this? Not important if you don't.
--
David Kastrup

Hmmm...

Maybe just me, but I don't really like the look of that. I see the stems are equidistant, but, at least to me, I feel like it's not balanced and it makes the notehead spacing a little awkward... I'd still rather see the default behavior. But we all can have our preferences :) Not sure if either is "correct". Maybe to a professional musician that sight-reads music all the time (i.e., not me), it might make more sense. No problem with that!

-Abraham