Re: Skipping reminder accidentals in

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Skipping reminder accidentals in
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 11:57:27 +0200

Helge Kruse <address@hidden> writes:

> The q may be used for repeated chords what makes notation efficient. I
> duplicates the last chord literally. But when it contains reminder
> accidentals they make no sense in the repeat. Is there a way to tell q
> that it should skip these accidentals?
>
> Example:
>
> \relative c'
>
> {
>   % q duplicates literally the accidentals
>
> <fis a d fis>4 <f! a d f!> q q |
>
>   % desired output
>
> <fis a d fis>4 <f! a d f!> <f a d f> q |
>
> }

Well, just write the latter version.  This is similar to

\new Voice \with { \remove Note_heads_engraver
                   \consists Completion_heads_engraver
                 }
{ c!\longa }

which I (wrongly) thought we had already dealt with.  It appears I have
mentioned this when entering issue 3593 as having _also_ been discussed,
illustrating how important the bug squad is for not letting reports get
dropped silently.

--
David Kastrup