Re: Rehearsal marks in markup

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Rehearsal marks in markup
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 13:48:14 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Helge Kruse" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2014 1:15 PM
Subject: Rehearsal marks in markup

I want to writing somthing like

\markup{\tempoFormat{Allegretto} \circle{1}-\circle{16} tacet}

To indicate that the player shall rest until the orchester is at rehearshal mark 16. I would like to place this in the Dynamic line of the PianoStaff

\new PianoStaff <<
  \new Staff=upper { c'1 \bar "||" s1 | \mark#16 d'1 }
  \new Dynamics { s1 s1^\markup{ Allegretto 1-16 tacet } \break s4 }
  \new Staff=lower { R1            s1 | d'1

The \circle{} is no Lilypond syntax. It shall indicate that the rehearshal mark shall be displayed in the currently selected #format-mark-circle-numbers.

I did not find a way to "call" the format-mark-circle-numbers function to insert the reahearsal marks in the \markup. Additionally I would also like to format the tempo in the format that is used in \tempo.

How can this be achived?

Regards Helge

If you check "circling text" in the NR index, it shows a command that you say doesn't exist. How about:
{ c''1 ^\markup { \circle { "16" } } }

--
Phil Holmes