Re: Suggestion for improvement

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Suggestion for improvement
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 07:30:30 -0700

Is there an OS-agnostic way of checking if the PDF is locked and issuing a more user-friendly message?

Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 7:26 AM, Alexander Kobel <address@hidden> wrote:
On 07/15/2014 04:19 PM, Alexander Kobel wrote:
Fortunately, other readers exist which don't lock the file and even take
notice of file updates automagically.  SumatraPDF [2] is the one
recommended most often.

Oh, and if you don't desperately need a bunch of buttons to click on, check out if the Windows port of MuPDF [1] works nicely for you.  I like it a lot on Linux; it's faster than everything else I've seen, and it's rendering is pretty accurate and nice.

HTH,
Alexander

[1] http://www.mupdf.com/