Re: Updating a score from version 1.4

From: James
Subject: Re: Updating a score from version 1.4
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 17:42:15 +0100

On 17/07/14 16:46, Larry Kent wrote:
This issue comes up from time to time for me, and I hope someone can help. Occasionally I need to make minor revisions to a score that was engraved with LilyPond version 1.4.12. That version was long before I started trying to use the program, so I don't have that version. Anyway, every time I try to revise the source so that it will compile in v. 2.16 or 2.18, I screw up something and it makes a mess and pretty soon I'm frustrated and move on to something more productive.

So my question is: Is there any way I can get any of the very early versions so that I can make a couple of minor tweaks and compile these scores? Or is there some other solution that doesn't involve recodiing everything?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Larry Kent
Tampa, FL

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/usage/updating-files-with-convert_002dly