Refrain and Verse SATB - Bug?

From: Chris Trahan
Subject: Refrain and Verse SATB - Bug?
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 14:13:33 -0500

I submitted a bug report on this issue but the person replying stated that it's not a bug but it's working as designed. I don't see how. Maybe someone would enlighten me.

I've attached my code and a screen shot of the results.

This is the technique that I'm using, which I found online. I'm yusing LilyPond 2.18.2.1 on a Windows 7 Pro machine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Refrain = \lyricmode {Not re -- peat -- ed.}
VerseOne = \lyricmode { The first time words. }
VerseTwo = \lyricmode {Sec -- ond time words.}

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff {
      \new Voice = "melody" {