justified paragraphs in bookTitleMarkup

From: Urs Liska
Subject: justified paragraphs in bookTitleMarkup
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 12:57:46 +0200

Hi,

I still don't seem to understand this markup stuff sufficiently :-(

Please consider the attached file. It has a custom header field defined as \markup \justify and uses this field in \bookTitleMarkup.

This concats the complete markup to one justified paragraph. However I would like to achieve a solution where this field can be interpreted markdown-like as three paragraphs.

I tried several things but nothing gave me what I need.
\justify-field gives a nice result but that makes it impossible to use a \markup (including the formatting) as the field value.
What basically works is defining it as
field = \markup \column {
  \justify { first paragraph }
  \justify { second paragraph }
  \justify { third paragraph }
}
but this additionally requires me to add manual space between the paragraphs.

I want to provide a clean interface to entering this multiparagraph field values in the header that can output justified output by paragraph.

Any ideas?

Would it be possible to define a markup-command that takes a string as argument, parses it markdown-like (including some basic formatting) and returns a \markup suitable for use in \bookTitleMarkup (or elsewhere in a score)? I think this would be a great enhancement in general.

Best
Urs