Re: justified paragraphs in bookTitleMarkup

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: justified paragraphs in bookTitleMarkup
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 14:56:50 +0200

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 18.07.2014 14:20, schrieb David Kastrup:
>> Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> This concats the complete markup to one justified paragraph. However I
>>> would like to achieve a solution where this field can be interpreted
>>> markdown-like as three paragraphs.
>>
>> What do you mean with "markdown-like"?
>>

> Well, this was of course not an exact specification. But in the
> current case I wanted to have the empty line to be interpreted as an
> indicator for a new paragraph (just like in LaTeX or Markdown.
>
> I would not insist on this exact behaviour, but I'm looking for a way
> to enter a header field as markup and let it be printed as a series of
> justified paragraphs. And the author should not be forced to use a
> significant amount of markup for this (I also want to input file to be
> still readable.
>
> So in the end it would be a nice thing to have a function that parses
> a Markdown-formatted string and returns usable \markup from it.

It would appear that "markdown" is your favorite text formatting
language.  It is not likely that we will add a full text formatting
language to LilyPond so I will not even try to hunt up definitions and
figuring out what you actually want.

It is not clear whether you want some input as LilyPond markup, or
whether you want your input to be simple-string-only with some sort of
conversion mechanism into markup.

So can you please try providing a description of what functionality you
actually want with what kind of interface so that it is possible to
figure out the missing pieces?

--
David Kastrup