Re: shiftOn shifts to the left

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Re: shiftOn shifts to the left
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 21:11:06 +0100

Dear Mark

Thank you for pointing me yet again to that page. This is the third time I read it, and only now I noticed this sentence:

"When a shift is applied, voices with upstems (odd-numbered voices) are shifted to the right, and voices with downstems (even-numbered voices) are shifted to the left."

So, it doesn't matter what voices I choose (even if the text says "even-numbered voices"), if I choose for force the stem down, then it will be shifted left.

So, to get what I want I might need some kind of absolute positioning. But I will keep it that way. Was just trying to understand how changing stems changed note positioning.

Best,
ambs