Re: shiftOn shifts to the left

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Re: shiftOn shifts to the left
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 10:23:45 +0100

Hello, Abraham

I think part of the confusion is the musical context for what you are trying
to do. Is this something of your creation or are you transcribing an
existing score that we could look at to get a better understanding?

Yes, I was trying to mimic an existing score. That note is from a third voice in the staff below. I know I can change staff, but I though it would be easier adding it artificially.

2. Make the "e2." the only "\voiceTwo" notehead at that point in question
and put a spacer where the second voice's "e" would be.

\score {
   \new Staff \relative c'' <<
     {
       \time 3/4
       a4 b c
     }\\<<
       { s4 g a ~ | <fis a>2. }
       \new Voice { \voiceTwo e2. | s2. }

   \layout{}
}

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n164684/one-notehead-option.png>

Yes, this would be an option, but then I miss a note :-)

Oh well, thank you for your help. I will keep the note at the left :)

Best,
Alberto