Re: Default margins in Letter truncated

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Default margins in Letter truncated
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 10:43:42 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "MarcM" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2014 5:38 AM
Subject: Default margins in Letter truncated

I am wondering if this is an expected behavior or something is wrong my
computer and/or printer (HP Officejet Pro).

My music is set with \paper {   #(set-paper-size "letter")}

I print on a printer on which the default paper is "letter"

When i print with the default settings the margins are truncated and the
only half of the title of the piece is printed. To print correctly i have to
select the option to "print the entire image" which scale the page down to
91%. Is that normal?

I would guess your printer has a top margin that is larger than LilyPond sets by default, and larger than most printers. Have you tried setting a larger top-margin?

--
Phil Holmes