music-to-markup

From: Urs Liska
Subject: music-to-markup
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 18:04:15 +0200

Hi all,

is it possible to take a music expression and print out its literal input?
In other words: Could I write a function "\example" that takes a music expression as an argument and that first outputs the input code as text and then as a score?

So that

\example {
  \relative c' {
    c8 d e

would turn out the same as writing

\markup \typewriter \column {
  "\\relative c' {"
  "  c8 d e"
  "}"
}

\score {
  \relative c' {
    c8 d e f

This would be cool for writing LilyPond usage examples where you can print the input and get the result from it. Unfortunately I don't have a clue whether or how this can be achieved.

Thanks for any hints
Urs