Re: Mystery quirk in lyrics - only in the bass part

From: Larry Kent
Subject: Re: Mystery quirk in lyrics - only in the bass part
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 16:30:43 -0400

Thanks for the replies, David Kastrup, Thomas Morley, David Nalesnik.  The problem is fixed, and if you care to read how, keep reading; otherwise, thanks again and have a nice day.

While trying to figure out how to create a "tiny example" that would duplicate my problem, which I was sure had to be happening because of the complicated layout, score block, incipit and choir staff markup etc etc, I found the problem, and it was very simple.

When I was preparing this score with version 2.18 (from an original file that was in version 1.4), I had left the bass lyrics block with textobassus=\lyrics{
rather than  textobassus=\lyricmode{

This was close enough that it compiled all right, and Frescobaldi did not flag it as an error, but it was enough to create the two little problems I mentioned originally....both are fixed now.

And it took me less than 6 hrs.

Thanks again.
LK

http://www.lilypond.org/website/tiny-examples.html