Re: Vibrato using textspanner - stopping before a bar-line

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Vibrato using textspanner - stopping before a bar-line
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 12:57:04 +0200

Hi Martyn,

I've been using the textspanner to indicate vibrato on notes.  This works on the whole quite well, usually a bit better if I use a hidden grace note to stop the textspan when finishing the vibrato.  However, it doesn't quite work as I'd hoped for notes at the end of a bar.  I would like the vibrato sign (the wavy line) to stop before the bar not continue on to the next bar.  (This is even more so when the vibrato is at the end of a line.)

Try :

startVib = -\single\override TextSpanner.style = #'trill
  -\single\override TextSpanner.minimum-length = #10
  -\single\override TextSpanner.springs-and-rods = #ly:spanner::set-spacing-rods
  -\single\override TextSpanner.to-barline = ##t
  -\startTextSpan

HTH,
Pierre