Re: music-to-markup

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: music-to-markup
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 10:24:22 +0200

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 23.07.2014 21:54, schrieb Urs Liska:
>
>> So you mean I should parse this (example result):
>> (/tmp/frescobaldi-4Orug3/tmp8Y5V5X/document.ly 8 0 16 1)
>>
>> open the file (separately) from Scheme and read the given range?
>> You're right, that looks somewhat awkward but whould give me a start.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Urs
>

> I think "give me a start" was quite right.
>
> Scheme so often makes me feel stupid. Now I manage to open the file
> but I don't have any clue as to how to make its content available for
> processing. I'd think I'd read it line by line, discarding the leading
> and trailing lines outside the range, but I didn't manage to do
> anything so far.

See, this is where my large programming and LilyPond experience gives me
an advantage over you.  Instead of coming to the conclusion "I must be
stupid" I come to the conclusion "this is stupid".

You can get the whole file as a single string with ly:gulp-file.  Or you
can nest with-output-to-string and with-input-from-file (or what it was
called) in a loop, read stuff in and write it out when the current input
line/file number is in the indicated range.  Which sounds somewhat
suboptimal, particularly considering that you'll be redoing this for
every file.

I think I'll try cooking up some sort of Scheme function for extracting
the text corresponding to a location pair and put it into LilyPond
proper.

That will not help you now, but it might come in handy in future.

--
David Kastrup