Re: \relative versus \absolute (was "Re: Macro/multiply notes")

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: \relative versus \absolute (was "Re: Macro/multiply notes")
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 12:06:37 -0500

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 1:43 PM, Knute Snortum <address@hidden> wrote:
I am still a novice at using LilyPond (maybe a sophomore) but I'd like to make one case for relative notes.  I'm typesetting a piece where there are a lot of octave scale runs between both hands.  It's very nice to be able to copy several beats or even bars of notes, irrespective of the clef, and paste them in.  You couldn't do that with absolute notation.

Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)