Re: cross-staff bug?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: cross-staff bug?
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 10:41:41 -0500

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 12:40 AM, Keith OHara <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]

%% Just as an experiment, this is my best attempt
%% to help LilyPond make the placement decisions on her own

\new PianoStaff <<
  \new Staff = "up" {
    s8*7^\p^\< s8^\f }
  \new Staff = "down" {
    e'8[
    ( \up b' \dn g' \up d'' \dn b' \up f'' \dn d'' \up
    \once \stemDown
    \once \override Script #'cross-staff = ##f
    a''-\tweak #'avoid-slur #'ignore \marcato
    -\tweak #'avoid-slur #'ignore \fermata]) }>>

Thank you very much, Keith, for the explanations and the two snippets.  They cover the situations I've encountered so far.  (The first when there are no scripts present.)

I'm mystified by the need for tweaking avoid-slur, though.  Without the tweaks, collision detection between scripts and DynamicLineSpanner appears to be lost.  I would have thought that making Script non-cross-staff would have been sufficient.

--David