Re: cross-staff bug?

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: cross-staff bug?
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 10:33:51 -0700

On Sat, 26 Jul 2014 08:41:41 -0700, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:

Thank you very much, Keith, for the explanations and the two snippets.
 They cover the situations I've encountered so far.  (The first when there
are no scripts present.)

I suggest using the simpler first method for all cases.

The second example was just an experiment to see how entangled the
decisions about placement can become.

I'm mystified by the need for tweaking avoid-slur, though.  Without the
tweaks, collision detection between scripts and DynamicLineSpanner appears
to be lost.  I would have thought that making Script non-cross-staff would
have been sufficient.

If the accent and fermata are placed depending on where the cross-staff slur
goes, they don't get a permanent space reservation until the slur is placed,
which is after staves are spread on the page.  When I set Scripts as
non-cross-staff in your example, it looks like the dynamics avoid a tentative
placement of the fermata and accent, both scripts being placed on top of
each other just clear of the note-head .