Re: Help with double bar lines

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Help with double bar lines
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 22:16:58 +0200

> Hi all,
>
> I am noticing that placing a double bar line at the end of a part requires a
> separate \score {} for each part to get the desired results.  What I would
> like to know is how to write one \score {} that has all the coding for a
> multi-part tune and shows the double bar lines at the appropriate places for
> the end of each part and start of the next part.  I can make this work by
> adding a separate \score{} for each part, but it just seems like there ought
> to be an easier way to do this.  I am attaching an example ly file and the
> output that hopefully shows what I am trying to do.
>
> If I am missing something obvious or this can't be done, please let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,
>
> Ben

In a construct like:

 \bar "|."
 \break
 \bar ".|"

the second command will override the first, because both are applied
at the same musical moment.

There is no predefined barline withe the behaviour you want, instead
you need to define a special barline yourself:

\version "2.18"

#(define-bar-line "|.-b" "|." ".|" "|.")

\relative c'' {
          \partial 8  e8
          \bar ".|"
          \repeat unfold 32 a,4