Re: Multiple stanzas to selection of melody

From: Marten
Subject: Re: Multiple stanzas to selection of melody
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 23:28:56 +0000 (UTC)

Hello Abraham, Simon,

Thanks for your solutions and quick replies :)

I decided to try to implement Simon's third solution, as it explicitly
keeps the melody of the stanzas together with their texts.

Ingenious - hadn't thought about a solution like that.

I have two question about it though:
1. If I use \addlyrics instead of \new Lyrics for the stanzas, an ambitus
will be rendered for the stanza and the refrain *separately* (a layout
block activating the ambitus, must of course be added). If I use \new
Lyrics, as in your solution, only one ambitus for the entire song is
rendered (expected behaviour). Why is this so?

2. If the stanza melody begins with a rest, the text gets aligned under the
rest. Why?

Many thanks,
Marten