Re: Multiple stanzas to selection of melody

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Multiple stanzas to selection of melody
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 23:27:36 -0006

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 5:28 PM, Marten <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Abraham, Simon, Thanks for your solutions and quick replies :) I decided to try to implement Simon's third solution, as it explicitly keeps the melody of the stanzas together with their texts. Ingenious - hadn't thought about a solution like that. I have two question about it though: 1. If I use \addlyrics instead of \new Lyrics for the stanzas, an ambitus will be rendered for the stanza and the refrain *separately* (a layout block activating the ambitus, must of course be added). If I use \new Lyrics, as in your solution, only one ambitus for the entire song is rendered (expected behaviour). Why is this so? 2. If the stanza melody begins with a rest, the text gets aligned under the rest. Why? Many thanks, Marten _______________________________________________ lilypond-user mailing list address@hidden https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user

Marten,

The reason why it lines up under the rest is because of how Simon notates the lyrics using the numbers to indicate the "duration" of the lyrics. This removes the automatic synchronizing with the notes. Here's Simon's example in the way that I described it before. It removes the need to specify the lyric durations, but may not be what you fix the ambitus issue...

Regards,
Abraham