Re: thanks again for the editionEngraver

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: thanks again for the editionEngraver
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 21:44:32 +0200

Hi Jan-Peter,

> Hi Janek,
>
> your predefined context are cool :)

Thanks!

> I see them in context with my lalily templates -- they will of course
> benifit. And the editionEngraver can indeed take advantage from specific
> context names. But still there need to be a way to separate (for
> example) violin 1 and 2.

As i said, defining new instrument contexts is very cheap - you can just do

\newInstrument "ViolinI" "Violin" "StaffGroup"\with { } \with { }
\newInstrument "ViolinII" "Violin" "StaffGroup"\with { } \with { }

and have ViolinI and ViolinII available.

> So I will try to integrate the context-id -
> perhaps context-name will be optional and one can choose between a
> counter and a context-id.

Of course that would be a very nice feature, too :)

> I am still on a trip, where we sing Arnold Schönbergs "Friede auf
> Erden", a piece from "Jaakko Mäntyjärvy" and some more. Great music :)
> But I hope to get back to work on this in about 2 weeks.

Have a great time!  I'm looking forward to lalily/editionEngraver updates :)

best,
Janek