baseline-skip affects font size???

From: Richard Shann
Subject: baseline-skip affects font size???
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 16:27:44 +0100

Dear List,

I'm trying to write customized chord symbols, for better visibility when
chord charts are displayed on smartphones. In this example I am trying
to place an "m" above a white triangle after the chord name.
I see that baseline-skip is affecting the size of the white triangle,
which doesn't seem to be what's in the documentation.
In fact with \override #'(baseline-skip . 0) I get no white triangle
visible.

\version "2.18.0"
chExceptionMusic = {
 <c' ees' g'>1 -\markup { \override #'(baseline-skip . 4) \column {  "m"
\tiny \triangle ##f }}
}
% Convert music to list and prepend to existing exceptions.
chExceptions = #( append
  ( sequential-music-to-chord-exceptions chExceptionMusic #t)
  ignatzekExceptions)

\score {

 \context ChordNames  {
    \set chordNameExceptions = #chExceptions
    <c' ees' g'>

The example by the way, is fictitious, someone else will be providing me
with real examples, but this is the sort of thing that will be needed,
trading vertical for horizontal space.

Any guidance on this?

Richard Shann