Re: thanks again for the editionEngraver

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: thanks again for the editionEngraver
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 20:39:03 +0200

Hi,

> Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:
>> As i said, defining new instrument contexts is very cheap - you can just do
>>
>> \newInstrument "ViolinI" "Violin" "StaffGroup"\with { } \with { }
>> \newInstrument "ViolinII" "Violin" "StaffGroup"\with { } \with { }
>>
>> and have ViolinI and ViolinII available.
>
> Would it be feasible to put the context mods _before_ some reasonably
> related argument, possibly like
>
> \newInstrument \with {} "ViolinI" "Violin" \with {} "StaffGroup"
>
> or probably
>
> \newInstrument "Violin" \with {} "ViolinI" \with {} "StaffGroup" ?
>
> Because when they are before a related non-optional argument, one can
> make them optional.  Then if they are just \with {} anyway, you can omit
> them.

Good idea!  I'm fine with changing the order of the arguments; the
function is still in the experimental phase and there's not much code
depending on it.

However, i'm not yet sure what would be the most intuitive and
optional-argument friendly order of arguments; somehow your suggestion
doesn't seem natural for me (but i don't feel strongly about it).
Does anyone else have opinions?

best,
Janek