Re: compressFullBarRests question (see picture in annex) [SOLVED]

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: compressFullBarRests question (see picture in annex) [SOLVED]
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:55:30 +0200

Nick Alderweireldt <address@hidden> writes:

>>> It's in the obvious place in the documentation.
>>> <URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/writing-rests#index-church-rest>

> This instruction did not work.
>
>  \override MultiMeasureRest.expand-limit = #3
>
> But further search on MultiMeasureRest lead me to :
> fritz.rmi.de/dokumentation/lilypond/Documentation/user/lilypond/Multi-measure-rests.html

> Maybe a version issue. I am using Lilypond 2.16.2 and Frescobaldi
> 2.0.13 on Xubuntu 14.04.

It's still in the obvious place in the official documentation:

<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/writing-rests#index-church-rest>

It's always preferable to look up matters in the official copies of the
manual since you can rely on them being the latest released version for
a particular version number.

If you don't specify the version you are using, you have to expect an
answer for the latest stable.  If you are given a manual link containing
v2.18 in it, it's not hard to guess the corresponding entry for v2.16
(assuming, of course, that the respective manual entry did already exist
for version 2.16).

Please do not remove the list from any answers you give, making it
impossible for other people to see whether or not this problem was
addressed, and if so how.

--
David Kastrup