Re: Shortest duration by --verbose option?

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: Shortest duration by --verbose option?
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 13:10:22 -0600

On 14-07-29 05:27 PM, James Harkins wrote:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/horizontal-spacing-overview says:

~~
The most common shortest duration is determined as follows: in every measure, the shortest duration is determined. The most common shortest duration is taken as the basis for the spacing, with the stipulation that this shortest duration should always be equal to or shorter than an 8th note. The shortest duration is printed when you run lilypond with the ‘--verbose’ option.
~~

I have run lilypond with --verbose, but I don't see anything in the output that looks like a shortest duration. (See below.)

Reported as Issue 4043: Shortest duration not reported by --verbose

Cheers,
Colin
--
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands.
You need to be able to throw something back.