Re: Strange problem with guitar bends

From: Martyn Quick
Subject: Re: Strange problem with guitar bends
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 20:24:09 +0100

I'm trying to engrave a hammer-on followed by a bend (i.e., the reverse of the bend-release-pulloff that your example contains).

The following code does (at least to some extent) work and illustrate what I'm trying to do.  Hopefully you will see why I was doing the bit you were asking about.

Martyn

\version "2.18.2"

\include "definitions.ily"

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \override VerticalAxisGroup #'default-staff-staff-spacing =
    #'((padding . 4))

music = {
  \shape #'((0 . 0) (0.9 . -0.3) (1.8 . -0.3) (2.7 . 0)) Voice.Slur
  \shape #'((0 . 0) (0.9 . 0.3) (1.8 . 0.3) (2.7 . 0)) TabVoice.Slur
  g4 ( \hideNotes a )  \unHideNotes \bendOn a ( b2 )
}

\score {
  <<
  \new Staff {