Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 139, Issue 68

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 139, Issue 68
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 10:56:31 -0500

On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 10:17 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

Can you please use more descriptive subject lines?  You don't even refer
to a previous posting.

Patrick or Cynthia Karl <address@hidden> writes:

> I frequently need do something like: <c \tweak font-size #-2 c'> in
> order to show that one of the two notes is preferred, but the other
> one is acceptable.  The problem is that the "-2" in the \tweak command
> is an absolute value, i.e., it is not relative to the fontSize being
> used.  If the fontSize were -3, e.g., then the "smaller" note would
> actually be bigger than the preferred one.
>
> What I would like to do is substitute for the "-2" the value
> "fontSize-2".  Is this possible?  If so,how?

This should probably work using something like

  <c \offset font-size #-2 c'>

but apparently it doesn't.

It would be nice, yes, but certain properties can't be set to a procedure.

Compare:

\version "2.19.10"

{
  \override NoteHead.font-size = 5
  c''4
}

{
  \override NoteHead.font-size = #(lambda (grob) 5)
  c''4
}

The second has no effect.

--David