Re: Accidentals centred above notes

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Accidentals centred above notes
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 09:45:11 +0100

On Thu, 2014-08-07 at 08:26 +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
> [...]

I occurred to me after I wrote that this is to do with the default
alignment of markup with notes (and the position of the reference point
of the glyph - the | character you use seems to have its reference point
to the left of the vertical line). So what is perhaps needed is
something to tell LilyPond to center markup over the object it is
attached to. (I looked at \center-column, but, of course, this just
centers successive lines of text, the whole column itself is aligned to
the left of the note).

>   It looks to me like the ficta sharp is correctly aligned on
> the notehead.
You are right, I was wrong - probably an example of seeing what I was
expecting to see - sorry!

I'll start digging around for what the syntax is to align markup other
than on the left side of notes - if anyone can just tell me I would be
grateful.

Richard