Re: [SPAM] Re: Best practice with inconsistent "� 2"

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: Best practice with inconsistent "� 2"
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 16:12:30 +0200

Am 07.08.2014 16:02, schrieb Urs Liska:
Am 07.08.2014 15:08, schrieb Alex Loomis:
In my copy of Dvorak 8 the parts use a2 for isolated unison passages
and double stems for passages where the voices are also split at some
point.

Oh, I didn't think of that possibility. I'll check to see if it makes
sense. At least it sounds reasonable.

Thanks for the report (my pocket scores aren't at home that's why I
didn#t look myself).

Urs

Ah no, it's still inconsistent. There is a tendency towards your suggested approach, but still inconsistently handled. For example: A phrase is unisono for two pages/systems but splits at the beginning of the third system - the first pages are "a 2" and then simply split to two voices. I have the impression it's a mixture of efficiency and suggestion. Sometimes having two stems simply looks more powerful.

Given that situation I'll vote for following Werner's suggestion of making it consistent and document the differences.

Best
Urs