Re: Footnote Question

From: Chris Trahan
Subject: Re: Footnote Question
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 12:53:55 -0500

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 11:45 AM, Chris Trahan <address@hidden> wrote:

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Samuel Speer <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Chris Trahan <address@hidden> wrote:

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 11:05 AM, Samuel Speer <address@hidden> wrote:
You could copy the default footer and add [\fromproperty #'header:revisiondate] to the [\on-the-fly \first-page] section. Then, in your header section you could put [revisiondate = "6 August 2014"].

Samuel,

Where would I copy it from and where would I put it?

Thanks,
Chris

Sorry, I should have been more specific.

The default values come from titling-init.ly, in my copy (2.18.2) this is what I find:

oddFooterMarkup = \markup {
  \column {
    \fill-line {
      %% Copyright header field only on first page in each bookpart.
      \on-the-fly #part-first-page \fromproperty #'header:copyright
    }
    \fill-line {
      %% Tagline header field only on last page in the book.
      \on-the-fly #last-page \fromproperty #'header:tagline

So, to achieve what you were describing I would put the following code in the \paper block:

oddFooterMarkup = \markup {
  \column {
    \fill-line { \on-the-fly #part-first-page \fromproperty #'header:copyright }
    \fill-line { \on-the-fly #part-first-page \fromproperty #'header:revisiondate }
    \fill-line { \on-the-fly #last-page \fromproperty #'header:tagline }

Then, in the \header block, I would have to define the revisiondate variable:

revisiondate = "6 August 2014"

HTH, Samuel.

Thanks Samuel. I'll try that.

Chris

Samuel,

I found that this also works. I was able to put all three parts, left, center, and right on one fill-line.

oddFooterMarkup = \markup {
  \column {
    \fill-line {
      %% Copyright header field only on first page in each bookpart.
      \on-the-fly #part-first-page " " \fromproperty #'header:copyright \fromproperty #'header:revisiondate
    }
    \fill-line {
      %% Tagline header field only on last page in the book.
      \on-the-fly #last-page \fromproperty #'header:tagline

I like this because I'll often use the revision date. It's nice to have it as a header field. I'll just have to remember to check it when there's an update to LilyPond.

Chris