Re: Slurs in Chords

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Slurs in Chords
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 19:08:10 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen Sheasby" <address@hidden>
To: "lilypond-user" <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2014 7:03 PM
Subject: Slurs in Chords

Hi all,

I am clearing slides for our church music projection and am having some areas of difficulty particularly with slurs. If I enter the notes as separate voices the slurs are correct but if I combine them as a chord or use part combine I only get one slur.

This first example shows the slurs as they should be but the parts are not combined:

<code>
\version "2.18.2-1"
\language "english"
sopranoNotes = \relative c' {
b4 c d( f8) b8\rest \bar "||"
}
altoNotes = \relative c' {
g4 a b( a8) r8
}

\score {
<<
% -- Women's staff
\new Staff = women
<<
\clef treble
\new Voice = "sopranos"
{ \voiceOne << \global \sopranoNotes >> }

\new Voice = "altos"
{ \voiceTwo << \global \altoNotes >> }

}

</code>

If I use partcombine I get the notes combined as desired but only one slur:

<code>
\version "2.18.2-1"
\language "english"
sopranoNotes = \relative c' {
b4 c d( f8) b8\rest \bar "||"
}
altoNotes = \relative c' {
g4 a b( a8) r8
}

\score {
<<
% -- Women's staff
\new Staff \with { printPartCombineTexts = ##f } {
\partcombine \sopranoNotes \altoNotes }

}

</code>

Is it even possible to do what I need?

Thanks so much for your help and suggestions:

Stephen

Does \set doubleSlurs = ##t help?

--
Phil Holmes