Re: Reduce vertical space between \score's?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Reduce vertical space between \score's?
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 17:10:09 -0400

Hi Pete,

> For the record, extra fuss was forced by documentation var names
> NOT matching those in paper-defaults-init.ly.

Did you use convert-ly to “upgrade” your files from 2.12 to 2.18?
If so, I’m surprised it didn’t upgrade those property names for you...

> * The Left var's param-set here turned out to work with the Right
> varname.  But I suspect this same-line matchup was due to luck.
> Maybe those Right names -- improvements, I reckon -- could get
> due mention in the init file.

If you look at paper-defaults-init.ly [or its equivalent] from v2.12, I’m
certain the Left names would appear there. In other words, I believe your
difficulties were due to your upgrade path, and not to documentation problems.

Best regards,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
www:  <http://www.kierenmacmillan.info>