Re: lilypond-book and includes

From: James
Subject: Re: lilypond-book and includes
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 14:21:30 +0100

On 09/08/14 13:50, TaoCG wrote:
Dear List,

I'm having trouble using includes with lilypond-book.
When I use \include in the snippet with an absolute path it works but when I
try to include the path with the comand-line option I get an empty staff.

e.g.

\include "/home/user/lily/test.ly"

works, whereas

\include "test.ly"

with

--include=/home/user/lily/

doesn't.

And I don't get an error message, it's just an empty staff.
If I change the \include to a non-existant file I do get an error message.

I use lilypond-book from within lyx if this matters.

So, using absolute paths would be a workaround but I'd much prefer finding a
solution for this to work with --include

?

Note that this issue is currently going through the normal patch process, so if this is your issue and there is no suitable workaround in the threads mentioned then it will probably be in the code in the next week if not in an official unstable release.

James