Re: install question

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: install question
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 09:19:27 +0200

I suggest installing the lilypond.org package in a different path from that used by the distribution. In the future you might want to use the updated distro package and have two versions installed..
If you install as root user it will be installed in /usr/local:

sudo sh lilypond-version.sh

sh lilypond.sh --help
shows all the options available