Re: Aligning markup (rather than marks) to the left edge?

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Aligning markup (rather than marks) to the left edge?
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 10:17:10 +0200

Hi Trevor,

If anyone wants the complete settings, just let me know.)

Yep, looks interesting !

QUESTION: the one remaining thing I'm looking for is some way to align the start of the spanner to the *left edge of the page*. Is there any way to do this?

By way of comparison, the break-alignable-interface gives exactly what I'm looking for when I'm working with MetronomeMark objects ...

        \override MetronomeMark.break-align-symbols = #'(left-edge)

... but it looks like TextScript and TextSpanner don't implement the interface (which is understandable).

This is certainly not the right answer to your question but at least it does the job :

 \once \override TextSpanner.bound-details.left.attach-dir = #-7

HTH,
Pierre