Re: Note names inside dots

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Note names inside dots
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 22:35:21 +0200

> No-one answered the first time: I assume that, like me, they could not work
> out what you're really asking for.  If it's putting note names within the
> dots of fret diagrams, that seems impossible: they're too small, it seems to
> me.
>
> Could you mock up or scan what you're actually looking for?
>
> --
> Phil Holmes

Well, it _is_ possible.

Notenames may consists of many characters. While placing them inside
dots there's need to scale those names.
The attached file is a modified fret-diagrams.scm. It's a first
sketch, not a proper coding (David K. would likely say scaling works
by accident and he would be right.) and maybe I broke other things.

Currently my computer is broken. I have to work from another machine,
without git and other tools, and can't test thoroughly.
But perhaps the idea will become clear. Though I doubt printing
notenames can be done automagically.

Usage: If someone wants to test, replace fret-diagrams,scm in your
LilyPond with the attached file.

Attached is fret-diagrams,scm, test.ly and a png

HTH,
  Harm