Re: texinfo manual?

From: Steven Arntson
Subject: Re: texinfo manual?
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 10:15:44 -0700

"Hwaen Ch'uqi" <address@hidden> writes:

> Greetings Steven,
>
> The manuals are in Texinfo format, and the good news is that they are
> merely hidden. Going off the top of my head, I believe the files are
> located in the folder lilypond/usr/share/info. There, you should find
> just over 30 files, most with a .info extension. Move them to your
> folder called /usr/share/info. N.B. -- You may need to be root to do
> this. Then you should be able to access the files with `c-h i'. I hope
> this helps.
>
> Hwaen Ch'uqi
>
>> One thing I'm missing now is the manual in texinfo format (I think). I
>> use Emacs to enter my lilypond docs, and I used to have a bunch of
>> manuals that I could open with C-h i. I think they were in texinfo
>> format. Now they're gone...
>>
>> Thank you!
>> steven arntson

My lilypond/usr/share contains:

emacs
fonts
ghostscript
glib-2.0
guile
lilypond
locale

The lilypond file there contains /current, which contains:

compiler
ftdetect
ftplugin
indent
syntax

I've searched all around ... is it possible I downloaded 2.18.2 without
these files?

Sorry if I'm being dense! I am often more dense than I wish.

-steven