Re: Spanner

From: Peter Bjuhr
Subject: Re: Spanner
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 15:01:25 +0200

On 2014-08-19 13:52, Peter O'Doherty wrote:
Hi,
I'm looking for something similar to the notation used in contemporary scores to indicate things like wide vibrato, microtonal "undulations", indeterminate glissando - it closely resembles a trill spanner (without the "tr") but is more rounded and with thinner lines. Is something similar to this available in lilypond?

Many thanks.
Peter

Hi Peter,

Joram Berger and myself wrote a couple of posts about using SMuFL fonts in LilyPond in the LilyPond-blog (Scores of Beauty). Especially take a look at no 5 in Joram's list in this post: http://lilypondblog.org/2014/02/feta-and-bravura/

If that looks interesting I could contribute with a code example.

Best
Peter